Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Syrup On A Fish

Maple glazed group for two, ladies and gentlemen-that's today's recipe!

A Sunday at Harris Teeter could not produce fresh Grouper Filet so I had to settle for Corvina Filet instead. The guy behind the fish counter told me that this was the closest thing to Grouper, but he kind of explained in a way that said "I'm going to tell you this is the closest thing to Grouper, but I really don't know, but I really don't want to go ask somebody, so I'm hoping that you just cook your fish and it turns out tasty anyways." I took the risk with the Corvina.

My version was tasty, but I recommend doing your best to find fresh Grouper first! The following is my dad's recipe:

What you'll need:
-2/3 Ib of Grouper Filet
-2 tablespoons maple syrup
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-Salt & Pepper
-Fresh Sage julienned (be generous with the Sage)

Clean fish thoroughly. Salt and pepper fish and rub on sage, maple syrup and 1 table spoon of oil. Marinade for 1 hour.


Heat 2 table spoons of oil in pan and sear fish 3-4 minutes on each side. Pour any left over liquid in the pan during the last 2 minutes. Serve immediately.




Serve with a nice glass of bubbly and a couple sides. We went simple with some couscous and a salad, but dad provided a great suggestion by using baked sweet potato and garlic string beans for the sides. If you'd like to make the garlic string beans, just get 2 servings of blanched string beans, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 almond slivers, and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix all ingredients in a frying pan and heat through on high heat. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. how come its two ladies and a gentleman? ... why not two gentleman and a lady. then we would be talking!

    ReplyDelete